A Quiet Place, taking you from start to finish…
From Well-Being in the Work Place to Every Child Matters, A Quiet Place prides itself on client understanding and involvement. Developing each multi-sensory healing environment is a tailored process, taking into account specific needs for schools, communities and corporate organisations.
By sitting down with staff and children alike and developing action plans alongside targets, the A Quiet Place Design Team then create themes and colour palettes to be used within the designated area.
To guarantee that A Quiet Place is fully functional, achieving all the set goals and is managed by appropriate members, three key roles are developed. Not only does this help with the day-to-day running of A Quiet Place, but with longer term goals and direction. Each area consists of:
A Quiet Place Champions…
Each ‘Champion’ is a true ambassador for positive change within their environment and A Quiet Place helps each client in identifying these key personnel. With responsibilities in joint strategic planning, implementation, delivery and training, a Champion provides a vital link to each client.
Champions are passionate about A Quiet Place’s success and have the capability to act as change agents within their own organisations. They are recruited from the leadership team, governors/trustees, parents and children/young people within the client’s environment.
A Quiet Place Facilitators…
The Facilitator has a pivotal role as ‘scene setters’ and provides the day to day running of A Quiet Place. Each member delivers the programmes, collates and submits evaluation data and co-ordinates the work of the body worker and the self management programme team.
The facilitator is recruited from the school staff and trained through a twelve to eighteen month part time action learning course that mirrors and enhances the A Quiet Place emotional intelligence curriculum. Close supervision and highly structured levering of experiences results in trainee facilitators beginning to deliver programmes within weeks of the completion of the environment.
A Quiet Place Body Workers…
Each Body Worker can be a member of a client’s team, a parent or specifically bought in by the school to deliver massage and training to both adults and children alike.
- Awareness of A Quiet Place
- Creation and Implementation of the A Quiet Place environment.
- Sampling of A Quiet Place by all members of the organisation and their feedback.
- Delivery of A Quiet Place programmes to pupils, parents, staff and others associated with the organisation.
- Training of key staff and their understanding.
- Data collection and input.
- Reports from annual data collection to present to children, parents, staff, governors and local and national Government bodies including Ofsted.
- The creation of a unique, tailored therapeutic environment
- Quality assurance, consultancy and collaborative management
- Annual Reports for national benchmarking
- The A Quiet Place Self Management Programme
- Follow on services to help sustain and develop further programmes