Many people fear flying which is quite understandable in one way but also irrational in another. Statistics show flying is one of the safest way to travel. However the risk factor , drama and amount of people killed in one sitting tends to raise the rear factor higher for some.
Here are few statistics from the United States:
What are the odds of dying ?
- Cardiovascular disease: 1 in 2
- Smoking (by/before age 35): 1 in 600
- Car trip, coast-to-coast: 1 in 14,000
- Bicycle accident: 1 in 88,000
- Tornado: 1 in 450,000
- Train, coast-to-coast: 1 in 1,000,000
- Lightning: 1 in 1.9 million
- Bee sting: 1 in 5.5 million
- U.S. commercial jet airline: 1 in 7 million